Below we answer some of the questions you may have about our Automated Gates.
What is the galvanizing process? Why should my wrought iron materials be galvanized?
Hot-dip galvanizing is the process of placing iron in a molten zinc bath. The zinc acts as a barrier for the iron so the steel underneath the zinc will remain protected. This innovative process of galvanizing is a deterrent for rust, thus making it low maintenance and in little need of repainting throughout its lifespan.
Do I need a permit to install my gate?
Call your local building department and speak with a representative.
Why do I need a steel frame inside my wood entry gate?
The steel frame will support your gate, making it last for many years to come. Without the steel frame, your gate will sag causing the gate to drag and not line up properly.
Can I hang my gate from my stone pillar?
Yes, If there is a steel strut set into masonry footing, we will be able to weld a hinge onto a strut and hang gate from it.
If not, there are a few options. Depending on the construction of the pillar, we can core drill and set the steel into the pillar. We can also set a steel post next to the pillar.
How do emergency vehicles access my property if the gate is closed?
Call your local fire department to find which device they require. Some Fire Departments require a Knox switch, and SOS alarm or an EAS switch.
If I want my gate for security, and the gate is always closed, how do I know when I have a visitor?
There are several different types of telephone entry or intercom systems available. Check out our the Gate Automated and Access Controls section of our website.
If there is a power outage, can I open my gate manually?
Yes, you will need the manual release key. See our How to videos for directions on how to open your gate manually
Why should I use Westchester Automated Gate?
- Over 40 years experience in the business
- Friendly Customer service staff available by phone during normal business hours, Monday through Saturday
- Full time professional sales staff
- Our own full time installers – no sub-contractors
- Hundreds of satisfied customers and references
- Two year labor warranty
- A fleet of professional service trucks
- Established location with offices and showroom
- Emergency Service available
- Yearly maintenance contracts available
- Most standard gate equipment kept in stock